FAQ

What is an Airport Master Plan?
The Airport Master Plan is the short and long term development concept for the airport.  It is the local airport planning document to be used as guidance in planning for airport facility needs over a 20-year time period.

Why is the Airport completing a Master Plan?
The FAA recommends that public use airports, such as Georgetown Municipal Airport, update their Master Plan every 7-10 years or as local aviation conditions change, necessitating a revised plan.  A full Master Plan has not been undertaken since 2005.  The City of Georgetown initiated the Master Plan to ensure the airport continues to be operated in a safe and efficient manner and to address any changes in the aviation industry, both locally and nationally.

Who is preparing the Master Plan Update?
Coffman Associates, a national aviation consulting firm specializing in airport planning studies, was selected following a qualifications-based selection process.

Who is funding the Master Plan Update?
The FAA, through TxDOT, provides 90 percent of the project funding, with the remaining 10 percent coming from the Airport.  The funding is sourced from the federal Aviation Trust Fund, which is funded exclusively by various aviation user fees, including taxes on airline tickets, aviation fuel, and some aircraft parts.  As a block-grant state, funds are distributed to TxDOT via the federal Airport Improvement Program (AIP).
What are the components of the Master Plan Update?
•    Existing Airport Inventory
•    Aviation Activity Forecasts
•    Facility Requirements
•    Development Alternatives
•    Recommended Master Plan Concept
•    Capital Improvement Program/Financial Plan
•    Land Use Compatibility Analysis
•    Airport Layout Plan (to be approved by TxDOT)
What is the Planning Advisory Committee (PAC)?
The PAC consists of local community leaders and stakeholders.  The PAC will provide guidance and feedback on draft Master Plan documents.  PAC meetings take place at key milestones in the planning process.

How can I get involved and stay informed?
All pertinent project materials, including draft submissions, are posted to a dedicated project website: www.georgetown.airportstudy.com.  Public comments can be submitted on the project website.  In addition, this project calls for up to three public information workshops which will be held during the Master Plan development process.  The public information workshop will be advertised locally and on this project website.